WELCOME TO THE TOUR DE KENT 2013 WEBSITE
ITS ALMOST TIME!
1. Online registration via the website will stop at midnight on Tuesday 21 May. After that, it will be registration on the day at Gillingham FC on Sat 25, but more expensive.
2. There will be no rider refunds for withdrawals from the ride after midnight on Friday 17 May. A free registration for Tour de Kent 14 will be offered instead.
WHATS IT ALL ABOUT?
Starts: Saturday 25th May 2013
Ends: Monday 27th May 2013
Cycling round the football grounds of Kent in aid of:
1. CRY – Cardiac Risk in the Young
2. Take Heart Mercy Mission, in association with Gillingham FC
The Tour de Kent is a fun, inclusive event open to anyone to link in with the “feelgood factor” surrounding British cycling in recent years.
The easiest way to donate is by text, to do this simply text 'KENT53' and the amount you wish to dontate to 70070.
e.g 'KENT53 £10" to 70070
THE RIDE INFORMATION
The First Leg (Sat 25 May):
15 gentle miles along the quiet back lanes between Gillingham & Sittingbourne.
The Full Day (Sat 25 May):
50 miles from Gillingham to Margate, along the North Kent coast & the Viking Coastal Trail which includes a lunch stop.
The Lot! (Sat 25 - Mon 27 May):
200 miles over the full 3 days, visiting 21 grounds across Kent starting & finishing at Priestfield.
Overnight accomodation provided for a cost of £100.
There will be footballers!
Gills past & present including management and other sporting celebrities will be riding.
RAISING FUNDS JUST GOT EASIER!
To set up your fundraising page:
1. Go to Virgin Media Giving. GO NOW!
2. Choose organised event from the four options.
3. Type in "tour de kent" and off you go.
A few fundraising tips from Virgin Money Giving!
Make sure your fundraising page is compelling and explains your motivation.
Time your donation request as people are more likely to be generous with their sponsorship after payday.
Don’t forget to ask for Gift Aid as it means more money goes to your charity.
Ask close friends and family to donate first as other people may then match their generosity.
FOLLOW THE RIDE
WEBSITE AND ILLUSTRATIONS BY JORDAN PETTMAN